What: New Offhand items such as shield/book/torch only they are offhand axe/sword/mace variants that add’s a dual wield attack animation
– Because it would look awesome for those who want a dual wield fantasy other than daggers/claws
– It is another source to monetize at launch with skins (people will want to double up or have different looking weapon combinations for skins etc)
– Keep the same model’s as the 1h variants so no new artwork is needed
– Keep the power stat scaling the same as shield/book/torch
– Keep the same 2h variant passive procs and add these in as the bonus for having that weapon offhanded
IE Having a sword mainhand and off hand dual wield an axe to get the passive +10% auto attack damage or the heal proc chance.
There are of course many options for passives/procs, these are just the simplest I can think of that are already in the game functioning and would require no real though to implement/try out
Things that would need to be developed:
– A new dual wield auto attack swing animation for axe/sword/mace, as just enabling the dagger/claw animations would not make sense swinging those weapon types and just swinging your 1h weapon without the offhand would be super lame to watch.
– Code added so the game recognizes when it is offhanded to provide the passive 2h benefit
– Flavor text added indicating what would happen if it was slotted in the offhand for the player
– Reforge bench option to change passives or whatever you decide the bonus should be